1. Purpose. To provide states with the Program Year (PY) 2003 ACSI Table of Weights.
2. References. Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA), Section 136; WIA Final Rules, 20 CFR part 666; Training and Employment Guidance Letter (TEGL) No. 7-99 ("Core and Customer Satisfaction Performance Measures for the Workforce Investment System;" March 3, 2000); TEGL No. 8-99 ("Negotiating Performance Goals; and Incentives and Sanctions Process under Title I of the Workforce Investment Act;" March 3, 2000); TEGL No. 6-00, Change 1 ("Changes to Guidance on Capturing Customer Satisfaction Results for Participants and Employers Receiving Services Under Title I of the Workforce Investment Act;" September 21, 2000); TEGL No. 14-00, Change 1 ("Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Performance Reporting System;" November 19, 2001); TEGL 1-02 ("Transmittal of ET Handbook No. 406: Reporting Instructions for ETA 9002 and VETS 200 Reports;" July 2, 2002);
and TEGL 7-02 ("Updated Table of Weights for Use in Calculating State-Level American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) Scores for the Participant, Employment and Job Seeker Customer Satisfaction Surveys;" October 4, 2002).
3. Background. In TEGL 6-00, Change 1, the Department provided the ACSI Table of Weights for PY 2001. TEGL No. 6-00 provided a description of the formulas for calculating the ACSI scores. Specific weighting factors were developed for each for PY 2003 and can be found attached to this TEGL. Guidance on the conduct of customer satisfaction surveys for the new labor exchange performance measures is found in ET Handbook No. 406, which was transmitted in TEGL No. 1-02.
4. ACSI Table of Weights. Updated weights were calculated for use in PY 2003 by a statistical algorithm in order to minimize random survey variation or measurement error that exists in all survey data. The weights listed in the attachment are to be used by each state in computing performance on the ACSI for employers, participants, and job seekers registered with the public labor exchange, for the quarterly reports and Annual Report covering the period of PY 2002.
5. Action Required. States shall distribute this guidance to all officials within the state who need such information to implement Employment Service and WIA core and customer satisfaction measures.
6. Inquiries. Questions concerning this issuance may be directed to the appropriate Regional Office.