Workforce Development Technology Research
Distance Learning Primer
A brief outline of what is going on in the field of distance learning and computer-based training, including a glossary of related terms and a bibliography/webliography of research resources.
Federally-sponsored learning technology research websites
- Federal Training Technology Initiative
- The Advanced Distributed Learning Network
- National Science and Technology Council (NSTC)
- U.S. Department of Education's Office of Educational Technology
- America's Learning eXchange (ALX)
- Dept. of Ed's OERI Learning Technologies Division
These websites provide information on grants and funding for organizations seeking to implement or upgrade their technology infrastructures to enhance customer service.
Legislation related to the delivery of services through or Federal management of information technology.
- Information Technology Management Reform Act of 1996 (Clinger-Cohen)(PDF file format)
Research on the use of technology in training and lifelong learning
Journal articles and reports describing innovative technologies used in workforce development and postsecondary education.
or, select from the following list to retrieve research articles and reports on the desired topic.
Learning/training technology centers, research journals and listservs
Private sector clearinghouse websites of information on the use of technology in training and learning, through distance learning and classroom/workplace environments.
- American Society for Training and Development
- Training Magazine
- Technological Horizons in Education Journal