1. Purpose. To transmit reporting instructions for the revised ETA 2112, which incorporates new lines for federal emergency unemployment compensation (UC) programs.
2. Background. The Temporary Extended Unemployment Compensation (TEUC) program began in March 2002. Activity from other (expired) emergency unemployment compensation programs is still reported on the ETA 2112, and there were insufficient lines available to report activity for each program.
3. New Lines. Lines 27, 28, and 29 were added to report receipts from other sources not specified on other lines. Line 39 was changed to report Federal Supplemental Compensation activity exclusively, line 40 to report Emergency Unemployment Compensation activity exclusively, line 41 to report TEUC activity exclusively, and line 42 is reserved for future emergency UC programs.
4. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Approval.
These reporting instructions have been approved by OMB under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995: OMB Approval No. 1205-0154, expiration March 31, 2006.
5. Handbook Maintenance. Remove and destroy section II-1 of Handbook 401 and replace it with the attached section II-1.
6. Action Required.
State Administrators are requested to provide these instructions to appropriate staff.
Address all inquiries to the appropriate ETA Regional Office.
Handbook 401, section II-1.
|None||June 30, 2004|