UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE PROGRAM LETTER NO.14-09
WIOA Operating Guidance : No
Special Transfers for Unemployment Compensation Modernization and Administration and Relief from Interest on Advances
To advise states of amendments to Federal law providing for unemployment compensation (UC) modernization incentive payments to states, a special administrative transfer to states, relief from interest on advances to state unemployment funds, and the partial suspension of Federal income tax on UC.
STATE WORKFORCE AGENCIES
DOUGLAS F. SMALL
Deputy Assistant Secretary
February 26, 2009
Questions should be addressed to your Regional Office.
To preserve the formatting of this document, it has been converted to PDF (Portable Document Format) to retain its original layout.
To preserve the formatting of this document, it has been converted to PDF (Portable Document Format) to retain its original layout. Click on links below to view, save, or print Attachment(s).
- Attachment I – Modernization Incentive Payments - Overview
- Attachment II - Modernization Incentive Payments - Base Period Provision - Questions and Answers
- Attachment III - Modernization Incentive Payments - Other Eligibility Provisions - Questions and Answers
- Attachment IV - Special Administrative Transfers - Questions and Answers
- Attachment V - Suspensions - Interest on Advances and Federal Taxation of UC
- Attachment VI - Text of Sections 2003 and 2004 of Public Law 111-5
- Attachment VII - UC Modernization Distributions - Amounts
Related Change DocumentsUNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE PROGRAM LETTER NO.14-09, Change 1
UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE PROGRAM LETTER NO.14-09, Change 2
UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE PROGRAM LETTER NO.14-09, Change 3