TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT GUIDANCE LETTER No. 10-16
This Training and Employment Guidance Letter (TEGL) provides sub-regulatory guidance on the requirements set forth in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), related to the implementation and operation of the performance accountability system under section 116 of WIOA and the implementing joint regulations in 20 CFR part 677 (and reprinted in 34 CFR parts 361 and 463). As explained further in this guidance, developed jointly by the U.S. Departments of Labor (DOL) and Education (ED)(Departments), WIOA requires all States and direct grantees of the Departments to collect and report information on all the participants described in this TEGL.
WIOA, signed into law on July 22, 2014, is designed to help job seekers access employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market and to match employers with the skilled workers they need to compete in the global economy. WIOA supersedes titles I and II of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) and amends the Wagner-Peyser Act and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
The WIOA Joint Rule for Unified and Combined State Plans, Performance Accountability, and the One-Stop System Joint Provisions (Joint WIOA Final Rule) was published in the Federal Register on August 19, 2016, at 81 FR 55791, and took effect on October 18, 2016. This guidance is based on the statutory requirements of WIOA, as well as its implementing final regulations.
STATE AND LOCAL STAKEHOLDERS IN THE WORKFORCE INNOVATION AND OPPORTUNITY ACT
STATE WORKFORCE AGENCIES
STATE WORKFORCE ADMINISTRATORS
STATE WORKFORCE LIAISONS
PORTIA WU /s/
Assistant Secretary for Employment and Training, Department of Labor
December 19, 2016
Questions concerning this guidance should be directed to the appropriate regional office.
- Attachment 1 - Definitions of Terms Related to the Performance Accountability System
- Attachment 2 - Table A Exclusions PIRL Data Element 923
- Attachment 3 - Wage Conversion Chart OMB Control 1205-0526 Expires 06-30-2019
- Attachment 4 - Table A Effectiveness in Serving Employers Data Elements and Specifications OMB Control 1205-0526, Expires 06-30-2019
- Attachment 5 - Periods of Participation - Effects on Indicators of Performance
- Attachment 6 - Examples of Counting Periods of Participation for Exit-Based Indicators of Performance
- Attachment 7 - Table A Participation Level Services Chart WIOA Title I Adult Title I Dislocated Worker and Title III Employment Service Programs
- Attachment 8 - Incumbent Worker Training Required Data Elements
- Attachment 9 - Calculation - Average Indicator of Performance
- Attachment 10 - Calculations - WIOA Indicators of Performance Figure
- Attachment 11 - References - WIOA Operating Guidance